About the role
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Senior Developer who will be responsible for developing and supporting solutions delivered via the low code platform, Appian. You will work closely with colleagues to deliver solutions using agile delivery. While the primary focus of this role will be the continued improvement of our core systems, there will be opportunities for you to use your technical expertise to enhance our work.
You will be an integral part of the team providing specialist digital infrastructure and will also support the digital solutions for social workers.
What will you do?
- Lead the delivery of software solutions in support of the business needs.
- Develop custom solutions using the Appian BPM solution, including forms, scripting and workflow design.
- Configure, debug, test and document new applications and enhancements including forms, reports, underlying logic and interface components.
- Propose technical and creative solutions to organisational requirements.
- Design and deliver high quality technical Proof of Concepts for our customers.
- Use your initiative to find creative solutions for our organisation.
- Manage a small team.
- Demonstrate technical depth to understand the landscape of the complete solution.
What are we looking for?
- Excellent understanding of Business Process Management Languages and Platforms/Frameworks. Ideally experience of Appian however, experience of other BPM tools would be suitable.
- Working knowledge of an object-oriented language (Java, C#, .net core, etc).
- Experience of executing queries and defining database structures in RDBMS platforms (such as Microsoft SQL Server, MariaDB, Oracle, PostgreSQL).
- Knowledge of content management systems such as Umbraco, Drupal or Ghost.
- Experience of developing and debugging web applications and associated CSS.
- Excellent knowledge of Web infrastructures such as AWS or Azure.
- Working knowledge of current accessibility standards.
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence and data mining.
- Understanding of service-oriented architectures & distributed computing concepts.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A track record of respectful, open and honest behaviour including a demonstrable commitment to inclusion and diversity.
How to apply
To apply, please email the application form and equality monitoring form by midday on Wednesday 1 May 2019 to email@example.com.
We will assess you against the evidence you provide in your application form. Please make sure that you address the criteria in the ‘What are we looking for?’ section, and give examples of how you meet the requirements of the role. It will not be possible to give feedback at sift stage.
Interviews will take place w/c 13 May 2019 in Sheffield.
Interviews will seek to further understand your skills, knowledge, experience and motivation and test the key competencies of the role:
- Leading the way – demonstrates clear managing of department and colleagues.
- Working as one team – encourages collaboration internally and externally.
- Embracing change – leads change by communicating clearly and encourages discussion.
- Respecting each other – works with other to build respect.
If you are successful, we will undertake routine security checks.
If you have any queries about the role or the appointment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org