About the role
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Senior Developer to develop and support solutions delivered via C# and the low code platform, Appian. You will work closely with colleagues to deliver solutions using agile delivery. While the primary focus of this role will be the continued improvement of our core systems, there will be opportunities for you to use your technical expertise to enhance our work.
You will be an integral part of the team providing specialist digital infrastructure and will also support the digital experience for our stakeholders.
What will you do?.
- Lead the delivery of software solutions in support of the business needs.
- Develop custom solutions using your skills in C#.
- Configure, debug, test and document new applications and enhancements including forms, reports, underlying logic and interface components.
- Be trained in Appian, a low code development environment, to support the rapid delivery of business solutions.
- Propose technical and creative solutions to organisational requirements.
- Design and deliver high quality technical proof of concepts for our stakeholders.
- Use your initiative to find creative IT solutions for our organisation.
- Demonstrate technical depth to understand the landscape of the complete solution.
What are we looking for?
- Excellent knowledge of C# (.NET and .NET Core)
- Experience of executing queries and defining database structures in RDBMS platforms (such as Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL).
- Knowledge of content management systems such as Umbraco, Drupal or Ghost.
- Knowledge of web infrastructures such as AWS or Azure.
- Knowledge of federated authentication (OIDC and SAML) is desirable but not essential.
- Understanding of service-oriented architectures & distributed computing concepts.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A track record of respectful, open and honest behaviour including a demonstrable commitment to inclusion and diversity.
How to apply
To apply, please email a copy of your CV, covering letter and our equality monitoring form by midday on Friday 21 June 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will assess you against the evidence you provide in your CV. Please make sure that you address the criteria in the ‘What are we looking for?’ section, and give examples of how you meet the requirements of the role. It will not be possible to give feedback at sift stage.
Interviews will take place w/c 1 July 2019 in Sheffield.
Interviews will seek to further understand your skills, knowledge, experience and motivation and test the key competencies of the role:
- Leading the way – Takes personal ownership of work and career development.
- Working as one team – Works supportively with others and builds strong relationships.
- Embracing change – Demonstrates openness to change.
- Respecting each other – Communicates with respect.
If you are successful, we will undertake routine security checks.
If you have any queries about the role or the appointment process, please contact email@example.com