About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic Junior Developer who will join our IT team to deliver world class business solutions using C#, CSS and Appian, the low code development platform . You will work closely with colleagues across the organisation to deliver solutions using agile delivery. While the primary focus of this role will be the continued improvement of our core systems developed on the Appian platform, there will be other opportunities for you to build your technical expertise in other areas such as web development, Office 365 and SharePoint.
You will be an integral part of the team providing specialist digital infrastructure and will also support the digital experience for our stakeholders.
What will you do?
- Support the creation of digital solutions including forms, scripting and workflow design.
- Configure, debug, test and document new applications and enhancements including forms, reports, underlying logic and interface components.
- Support the Senior Developer in the delivery of change and improvement.
- Use your initiative to find creative solutions for our organisation.
- Have a keen eye for detail, making sure output is always of the highest quality and follows coding standards.
What are we looking for?
- Knowledge of C# (.NET and .NET core).
- A desire to learn new technologies, in particular Appian.
- Basic knowledge of RDBMS platforms (such as Microsoft SQL Server, MariaDB, Oracle, PostgreSQL).
- Knowledge of content management systems such as Umbraco, Drupal or Ghost.
- Exposure to developing and debugging web applications and associated CSS.
- Understanding of web infrastructures such as AWS or Azure.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A track record of respectful, open and honest behaviour including a demonstrable commitment to inclusion and diversity.
How to apply
To apply, please email a copy of your CV, covering letter and our equality monitoring form by midday on Friday 21 June 2019 to email@example.com.
We will assess you against the evidence you provide in your CV. Please make sure that you address the criteria in the ‘What are we looking for?’ section, and give examples of how you meet the requirements of the role. It will not be possible to give feedback at sift stage.
Interviews will take place w/c 1 July 2019 in Sheffield.
Interviews will seek to further understand your skills, knowledge, experience and motivation and test the key competencies of the role:
- Leading the way – Takes personal ownership of work and career development.
- Working as one team – Works supportively with others and builds strong relationships.
- Embracing change – Demonstrates openness to change.
- Respecting each other – Communicates with respect.
If you are successful, we will undertake routine security checks.
If you have any queries about the role or the appointment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org