About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic IT Support Technician to join our growing organisation. You will work as part of a team to manage and maintain the specialist infrastructure required to support our work.
You will also be expected to support the Lead IT Support Technician to identify, design and implement ways to improve both end user functionality and the overall security of the Windows desktop service.
What will you do?
- Develop and maintain Windows 10 desktop imaging/configuration via InTune and AutoPilot.
- Support the Lead IT Support Technician to implement best practice across the IT estate.
- Maintain Azure AD and InTune.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to wider desktop infrastructure, e.g. BitLocker, Azure AD, printing.
- Provide IT support to colleagues across the organisation.
- Build close relationships with external stakeholders.
- Ensure the integrity of the desktop estate by deploying and monitoring security patches and anti-virus/malware solutions.
- Support the Office 365 implementation via Intune.
- Maintain desktop related policies.
- Automate routine maintenance tasks via the use of scripting languages.
- Support the IT infrastructure for the organisation.
What are we looking for?
- Knowledge of managing and maintaining Microsoft Azure AD and InTune.
- Application packaging and deployment experience preferably within InTune.
- Knowledge of active directory group policies and/or InTune policies.
- Knowledge of Microsoft 365 (Windows 10/Office365 and EMS).
- Experience of supporting Skype for business/Teams video conferencing solutions.
- Ability to work under pressure and to demanding timescales.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Enthusiasm to learn new technologies.
- Working knowledge of PowerShell and Visual Basic Scripting languages and an ability to automate routine administration tasks (desirable).
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Surface devices (desirable).
- A track record of respectful, open and honest behaviour including a demonstrable commitment to inclusion and diversity.
How to apply
To apply, please email a copy of your CV, cover letter and our equality monitoring form by midday on Friday 21 June 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will assess you against the evidence you provide in your CV. Please make sure that you address the criteria in the ‘What are we looking for?’ section, and give examples of how you meet the requirements of the role. It will not be possible to give feedback at sift stage.
Interviews will take place w/c 1 July 2019 in Sheffield.
Interviews will seek to further understand your skills, knowledge, experience and motivation and test the key competencies of the role:
- Leading the way – Takes personal ownership of work and career development.
- Working as one team – Works supportively with others and builds strong relationships.
- Embracing change – Demonstrates openness to change.
- Respecting each other – Communicates with respect.
If you are successful, we will undertake routine security checks.
If you have any queries about the role or the appointment process, please contact email@example.com