About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic IT Support Technician to join our growing organisation. You will work as part of a team to manage and maintain the Windows 10/Office 365 desktop estate, internal and external network, video/audio conferencing capability and other specialist infrastructure required to support our work.
You will also be expected to support the Lead IT Support Technician to identify, design and implement ways to improve both end user functionality and the overall security of the Windows desktop service. You will provide first, second and third level support to colleagues across the organisation.
What will you do?
- Build and maintain Windows 10 desktop images.
- Support the Lead IT Support technician to implement best practice across the IT estate.
- Maintain System Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM).
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to wider desktop infrastructure, e.g. MBAM, Active Directory.
- Provide first, second and third level support to the teams across our organisation.
- Build close relationships with external stakeholders.
- Ensure the integrity of the desktop estate by deploying and monitoring security patches and anti-virus/malware solutions.
- Support the office 365 implementation via Intune.
- Maintain desktop related Active Directory group policies.
- Automate routine maintenance tasks via the use of scripting languages.
- Support all core and niche IT infrastructure for the organisation.
What are we looking for?
- Knowledge of designing, managing and maintaining Microsoft System Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM).
- Application repackaging and deployment experience.
- Knowledge of Active Directory Group Policies.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 and Intune.
- Experience of supporting Skype for Business video conferencing solutions.
- Ability to work under pressure and to demanding timescales.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Enthusiasm to learn new technologies.
- Working knowledge of PowerShell and Visual Basic Scripting languages and an ability to automate routine administration tasks (Desirable).
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Surface devices (Desirable).
- A track record of respectful, open and honest behaviour including a demonstrable commitment to inclusion and diversity.
How to apply
To apply, please email the application form and equality monitoring form by midday on Wednesday 1 May 2019 to email@example.com.
We will assess you against the evidence you provide in your application form. Please make sure that you address the criteria in the ‘What are we looking for?’ section, and give examples of how you meet the requirements of the role. It will not be possible to give feedback at sift stage.
Interviews will take place w/c 13 May 2019 in Sheffield.
Interviews will seek to further understand your skills, knowledge, experience and motivation and test the key competencies of the role:
- Leading the way – takes personal ownership of work and career development.
- Working as one team – works supportively with others and builds strong relationships.
- Embracing change – demonstrates openness to change.
- Respecting each other – communicates with respect.
If you are successful, we will undertake routine security checks.
If you have any queries about the role or the appointment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org