About the role
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced and highly motivated HR manager to join us at a pivotal moment in our evolution. We are part way through recruiting our 130 staff and building our organisation from scratch. Very rarely do you get a chance to play such a central role in organisational and people development.
Social Work England a new organisation whose purpose is to regulate and lead social workers in England so that people receive the best possible support whenever they might need it in life. It is of paramount importance to us that we develop robust, innovative human resources frameworks that support the recruitment and retention of our talented and diverse people.
Every day, social workers support millions of people to improve their chances in life. Social Work England is a specialist body taking a new approach to regulating social workers in their vital roles.
What will you do?
- Provide employee relations support to colleagues ensuring our approach is legally compliant, fair and consistent. This may include the management of employee relations casework and change initiatives.
- Develop, implement, review and continually improve our human resources framework.
- Ensure policies and procedures meet best practice principles.
- Ensure we meet our aim of right first-time recruitment, getting the right candidates to apply with the right skill, knowledge experience and motivation to succeed.
- Produce quantitative and qualitative management information on recruitment and retention, cost effectiveness and quality of service delivery.
- Forecast and effectively manage vacancies.
- Work with the Head of People and Change to ensure organisational change is successfully managed and embedded.
- Lead on employee relations negotiations between the union and staff.
- Work in partnership with the training and development team to develop an effective performance management and learning and development framework.
- Lead on the development of staff surveys, analysis and improvement planning.
- Provide coaching and development support as appropriate.
What are we looking for?
- Significant experience in providing proactive, generalist human resources advice and support at a strategic and operational level.
- Experience of supporting line managers including the management of change and employee relations challenges.
- Experience of recruitment and selection and driving a business forward to meet objectives.
- A human resources qualification or be willing undertake a qualification in this role.
- An ability to work independently and enthusiastically, taking responsibility for the delivery of the HR objectives that support business compliance and growth.
- The ability to analyse statistics and data to produce effective management reporting information.
- Excellent written communication skills, with the ability to create and present clear, well-structured policies and reports.
- Excellent oral and listening skills with the ability to make sound and considered decisions and judgements.
- Evidence of instilling confidence and credibility at all levels when dealing with sensitive, challenging and difficult situations.
- A strong team player, capable of developing effective relationships at all levels within our organisation.
- A track record of respectful, open and honest behaviour including a demonstrable commitment to inclusion and diversity.
How to apply
To apply, please email the application form and equality monitoring form by midday on Monday 6 May 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will assess you against the evidence you provide in your application form. Please make sure that you address the criteria in the ‘What are we looking for?’ section, and give examples of how you meet the requirements of the role. It will not be possible to give feedback at sift stage.
Interviews will take place on Thursday 16 May in Sheffield.
Interviews will seek to further understand your skills, knowledge, experience and motivation and test the key competencies of the role:
- Leading the way – takes personal ownership of work and career development.
- Working as one team – works supportively with others and builds strong relationships.
- Being a business – plans work to ensure best use of time and highest quality service.
- Respecting each other – works with others to build respect.
If you are successful, we will undertake routine security checks.
If you have any queries about the role or the appointment process, please contact email@example.com