About the role
Every day, social workers support millions of people to improve their chances in life. Social Work England is a specialist body taking a new approach to regulating social workers in their vital roles. We believe in the power of collaboration and share a common goal with those we regulate – to protect the public, enable positive change and ultimately improve people’s lives.
We are looking for a digital content specialist that is passionate, creative and flexible – ready to hit the ground running at a crucial point as we build this brand-new organisation from the ground up.
You will work in a busy and empowering communications team, supporting a small group of specialists to develop engaging digital copy and content for our new website and social media channels. As a new organisation this is a unique opportunity to utilise your creative skills to share and embed our newly developed brand, style, language and tone working with a range of stakeholders across the country.
You will be joining a dedicated team that works closely and collaboratively across the organisation and puts the audience first. Compelling, meaningful and relevant digital content will be at the heart of the regulator we will become. We want to ensure quality interactions with professionals, the public and people with lived experience of social work. You will have the chance to develop professionally, implement crucial projects, share ideas and make a real difference utilising your copywriting, editing, visual content and marketing skills.
Salary and benefits
This is a nine-month temporary position with a salary that equates to £28,000 per annum, increasing to £30,000 per annum on successful completion of six-month probation.
- 37 hours a week
- Flexible working
- 25 days a year leave rising each year to a maximum of 30
- 8 Bank Holidays
- Ongoing training and development
What will you do?
- Work with the Digital Engagement Manager and wider communications team on our urgent priorities, creating high-quality content that supports our communications strategy, meets the needs of our users and delivers with impact.
- Develop, manage and update content for the current and developing website, working with the various content owners to understand priorities, and apply branding, copyedit and proofing.
- Shaping and managing digital content and engagement touch points across publishing, web and social media channels to ensure they are effective and responsive
- Working in collaboration with website development colleagues to help shape the design and functionality of our online presence, creating effective, audience focused content plans.
- Develop and deliver visual content for image, video and sound for multiple projects.
- Use content management systems to analyse website traffic and user engagement around content metrics and optimise content according to SEO.
- Build excellent relationships with partners and stakeholders at all levels, both internal and external, to assist with the planning, delivery and measurement of third-party engagement.
- Be a brand guardian for the organisation and ensure our values are embedded across all communications channels.
We are looking for someone with:
- Excellent content and editorial skills that help bring complex issues to life in a human and engaging way, including professional-standard copywriting ability and a strong understanding of design and layout skills.
- Experience of content management systems, social media channel management and digital design, ideally in a complex, multi-stakeholder environment.
- Experience of designing, developing and producing compelling multi-media content; for example, blogging, social networking, podcasts, film and animation, whether in a personal or professional capacity.
- A critical eye for creative content design and an understanding of visual language.
- The ability to quickly understand systems and assist in the development of processes.
- The ability to analyse data and research, understand trends, identify risks, articulate potential consequences and to develop solutions working alongside internal and external teams.
- The ability to recommend and test new digital channels to continue to keep content flowing to the target audience in new and exciting ways
- Experience of working with online marketing mechanics (e.g. AdWords, social media advertising) and be able to recommend appropriate communications routes.
- Experience of designing and delivering programmes of work, using not only strong project governance but also creative flair to solve problems and tackle challenges/barriers to effective engagement.
- The ability to work collaboratively to deliver results.
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills, with a collaborative and solution focused approach.
- Good understanding of accessibility, copyright and data protection issues in relation to websites and content management.
- A good understanding of effective communication planning using audience driven insights and effective evaluation frameworks.
- The skills to act as a proven role model for respectful, open and honest behaviour including a demonstrable commitment to equality and diversity in service delivery
How to apply
To apply, please email the application form and equality monitoring form by 12pm on Monday 25 February to email@example.com.
We will assess you against the evidence you provide in your application form that should address the criteria in the person specification and gives examples of how you meet the requirements of the role. Please note it will not be possible to give feedback at sift stage.
Interviews will take place on Monday 4 March 2019 in Sheffield.
Interviews will seek to further understand your skills, knowledge, experience and motivation and test the key competencies of the role:
- Leading the way – demonstrates clear managing of department and colleagues
- Working as one team – encourages collaboration internally and externally
- Embracing change – leads change by communicating clearly and encourages discussion
- Focuses on registrants and service users – engages with registrants, service users/customers and keeps them fully informed
If you are successful, we will undertake routine security checks.
If you have any queries about the role or the appointment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org