About the role
Job reference: 108
We are on the look out for two experienced developers who will be responsible for developing and supporting solutions delivered via C# and the low code platform, Appian. You will work closely with colleagues to deliver solutions using agile delivery. While the primary focus of this role will be the continued improvement of our core systems, there will be opportunities for you to use your technical expertise to enhance our work.
You will be an integral part of the team providing specialist digital infrastructure and will also support the digital solutions for social workers.
What will you do?
- Develop custom solutions using your skills in C#.
- Configure, debug, test and document new applications and enhancements including forms, reports, underlying logic and interface components.
- Form part of the team supporting our live applications.
- Be trained in Appian, a low code development environment, to support the rapid delivery of business solutions.
- Propose technical and creative solutions to organisational requirements.
What are we looking for?
- Minimum 2-5 years’ experience in a software development field.
- Experience of working with C#, ASP.NET and .NET Core.
- Experience of working with web-related technologies (HTML5, XML, CSS, Java Script, jQuery, JSON, Ajax etc.)
- Experience of working with SQL, MYSQL.
- Experience of working with Visual studio/NetBeans.
- Experience of working with version control systems like GIT, SVN or TFS.
- An understanding of software engineering best practices including unit testing and integration testing
- Experience of working of content management systems such as Umbraco, Drupal or Ghost.
- Excellent debugging skills & a strong ability to produce documentation.
- Working knowledge of continuous integration (CI) processes and practices.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience of working with Agile methodologies.
- Degree in a Computer Science or relevant discipline, or relevant professional experience.
Desirable skills, experience and attributes
- Knowledge of Node.js
- Knowledge of any Business process management tools like Appian, PEGA etc
- Knowledge of Web infrastructures such as AWS or Azure.
- Knowledge of client server application development.
- Understanding of service-oriented architectures & distributed computing concepts.
- Knowledge of federated authentication (OIDC and SAML) is desirable but not essential.
How to apply
We will assess you against the evidence you provide in your CV. That evidence should address the criteria in the ‘what we are looking for’ section, and give examples of how you meet the requirements of the role. Please note it will not be possible to give feedback at sift stage.
Interviews will take place w/c 21 October 2019 in Sheffield. There will be a 25 minutes programming test followed by 45 minutes interview.
Interviews will seek to further understand your skills, knowledge, experience and motivation and test the key competencies of the role:
- Leading the way – demonstrates clear managing of department and colleagues.
- Working as one team – encourages collaboration internally and externally.
- Embracing change – leads change by communicating clearly and encourages discussion.
- Respecting each other – works with other to build respect.
If you are successful, we will undertake routine security checks.
If you have any queries about the role or the appointment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org