About the role
Are you passionate about data protection and information governance? We’re looking for a Data Protection and Information Manager who can respond to data and information requests and work within the Information Commissioner’s Office requirements and guidelines.
Social Work England is a specialist body taking a new approach to regulating social workers in their vital roles. This is a unique opportunity to use your skills and expertise to ensure that people receive the best possible support whenever they might need it in life.
You will work with the Head of Data Protection and Information Governance to develop a robust data and information framework that complies with our legislative obligations and protects all of the data and information that we hold.
What will you do?
- Produce clear responses in plain English to statutory data and information requests.
- Support and assist people to clarify and refine their requests for information.
- Work with colleagues across the organisation to secure the necessary information and to ensure comprehensive understanding of the scope and scale of any request.
- Manage responses to requests from third party organisations for personal data held by us.
- Assist with preparing submissions in relation to any matters referred to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Deliver a programme of training in relation to data protection and information.
- Review and update any publication scheme operated by us to ensure that it complies with the requirements of the legislation. Work with the Head of Data Protection and Information Governance to ensure that those decisions are published in a timely and comprehensive manner.
- Monitor, identify and report on trends in information requests and circulate key data to the Head of Data Protection and Information Governance and the Executive Leadership Team.
What are we looking for?
- Excellent working knowledge and a track record of managing and responding to requests made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000, the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018.
- Experience of managing a caseload of work and delivering good customer service.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with experience of providing clear written responses and reports.
- Proven ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks while maintaining a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent experience and working knowledge of data protection and information governance best practice within a public sector organisation or regulatory body.
- Ability to identify, understand and clearly explain principles of data protection and information governance legislation.
- Ability to work positively and consistently across the organisation to support colleagues and maintain high standards.
- A strong team player, capable of developing effective relationships at all levels within our organisation.
- A track record of respectful, open and honest behaviour including a demonstrable commitment to inclusion and diversity.
How to apply
To apply, please email the application form and equality monitoring form by midday on Wednesday 15 May 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will assess you against the evidence you provide in your application form. Please make sure that you address the criteria in the ‘What are we looking for?’ section, and give examples of how you meet the requirements of the role. It will not be possible to give feedback at sift stage.
Interviews will take place w/c 21 May 2019 in Sheffield.
Interviews will seek to further understand your skills, knowledge, experience and motivation and test the key competencies of the role:
- Leading the way – demonstrates clear management of department and colleagues.
- Working as one team – encourages collaboration internally and externally.
- Embracing change – leads change by communicating clearly and encourages discussion.
- Respecting each other – works with others to build respect
- Being a business – is focused on delivering business objectives
If you are successful, we will undertake routine security checks.
If you have any queries about the role or the appointment process, please contact email@example.com