About the role
Every interaction we have with people is important to us, and our customer service and reception officer will be at the frontline of these interactions.
This key front facing customer role will be responsible for meeting and greeting visitors to our organisation and hearing rooms. You will have excellent communication skills when handling a wide range of enquiries by mail, telephone, email and online, as well as being warm, informative, polite and professional with all our visitors.
What will you do?
- Greet and welcome visitors when they arrive at the office
- Provide accurate information to resolve telephone and email enquiries across several areas of the organisation, answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls
- Ensure visitors and systematically logged in and out of reception (monitor logbook, issue visitor badges)
- Manage mail, photocopying, stationary management, order catering and other administrative and support duties associated with a busy office environment
- Deal with organisational complaints in line with our customer service policies and escalate where appropriate
- Ensure data and information is handled in line with our legal requirements.
- Make accurate records of enquiries to enable reporting and service improvements.
- Maintain confidentiality and ensure data and information is handled in line with our legal requirements.
- Develop strong understanding of our work and the political environment in which we operate
- Accurately record enquiries to enable reporting and service improvements.
- Implement learning from complaints and enquiries to improve the customer experience
- Ensure appropriate handover of work to enable a seamless administrative support service during planned periods of absence
What are we looking for?
- The ability to work in a busy customer-focused environment
- Excellent communication skills with a professional, warm and helpful manner
- The ability to work well on your own and to use good judgement
- Ability to deal with a high and demanding workload in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to resolve complaints in an open and transparent manner
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team
- The ability to be sensitive to the needs of people from a wide variety of backgrounds
- Good use of initiative in managing own and suggesting new, more efficient ways of working
- Respectful, open and honest behaviour including a demonstrable commitment to equality and diversity in service delivery
- Strong IT skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes
- The ability to work independently to a high standard and to effectively prioritise competing deadlines
- Previous experience of working as a Receptionist/Administrator is desirable
How to apply
We will assess you against the evidence you provide in your application form. That evidence should address the criteria in the person specification and give examples of how you meet the requirements of the role. Please note it will not be possible to give feedback at sift stage.
Interviews will take place on Friday 11 October in Sheffield.
Interviews will seek to further understand your skills, knowledge, experience and motivation and test the key competencies of the role:
- Being a business – plans work to ensure best use of time and highest quality service.
- Working as one team – works supportively with others and builds strong relationships.
- Focusing on people, including those with lived experience of social work and registrants – puts people at the heart of social work and knowledgeably collaborates with them.
- Respecting each other – works with others to build respect.
If you are successful, we will undertake routine security checks.
If you have any queries about the role or the appointment process, please contact email@example.com