About the role
We are looking for two organised and conscientious individuals to support our work in processing concerns raised about social workers (fitness to practise) and manage the cases we deal with. As a Case Examiner Support Officer, you will make a significant contribution to the smooth running of the fitness to practise process and ensure that cases are progressed in a timely manner. You will process cases that have been referred by the investigators for review at the case examiner stage including managing sensitive data.
You will liaise with colleagues from across our organisation to make sure records are kept up to date and case outcomes are implemented and reviewed in accordance with our procedures. You will also work with the Case Examiner Operations Manager to administer a streamlined review process for cases that require urgent consideration.
What will you do?
- Allocate cases to case examiners, managing any conflicts of interest and ensuring high-risk cases are prioritised.
- Support the administration process and ensure that outcome letters, following case
- examiner decisions are sent to all interested parties.
- Adopt excellent customer service across all written correspondence.
- Communicate with a range of internal and external stakeholders, including social workers, investigation teams and legal providers.
- Support the case review team to manage cases where conditions or suspensions have been agreed with the registrant.
- Liaise with colleagues to ensure information regarding cases is recorded correctly on the public register.
- Ensure all sensitive case information sent to external parties is presented in line with our data protection policy.
- Ensure all complaints are handed to the relevant team so that timely responses are given.
- Provide support to the Case Examiner Operations manager to develop and maintain guidance and template documents.
- Deal with all enquiries from internal and external stakeholders regarding ongoing cases.
- Handle Freedom of Information and Data Protection Act requests, where required.
What are we looking for?
- Experience of applying policy and procedures and following processes.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately and follow data protection procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience of working with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work in an organised and efficient manner, handling a busy and varied
- workload with excellent attention to detail.
- Experience of providing administrative and secretarial support to others.
- The ability to work with others to meet targets and achieve organisational aims.
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office suite (experience of using case management software is desirable).
- A track record of respectful, open and honest behaviour including a demonstrable commitment to inclusion and diversity.
- Experience of the co-ordination of a staff rota is desirable.
How to apply
To apply, please email the application form and equality monitoring form by midday on Wednesday 1 May 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will assess you against the evidence you provide in your application form. Please make sure that you address the criteria in the ‘What are we looking for?’ section, and give examples of how you meet the requirements of the role. It will not be possible to give feedback at sift stage.
Interviews will take place w/c 13 May 2019 in Sheffield.
Interviews will seek to further understand your skills, knowledge, experience and motivation and test the key competencies of the role:
- Leading the way – is self-reliant whilst seeking advice and support when required.
- Working as one team – focuses clearly on the team goal.
- Being a business – adopts plans or re prioritises to respond to urgent needs.
- Embracing change – demonstrates initiative.
If you are successful, we will undertake routine security checks.
If you have any queries about the role or the appointment process, please contact email@example.com