Q: Where in Sheffield is Social Work England based?
- A: We are based at 1 North Bank, Blonk Street, Sheffield, S3 8JY
- Q: Would you consider a secondment for any length of time?
- A: We are very open to consider secondments.
- Q: Do you offer flexible working, i.e. 1 or 2 days a week remote working?
- A: We aim to offer our staff flexibility whilst ensuring we meet business needs.
- Q: Do you have to be a social worker to apply for these posts?
- A: We are looking for people with a diverse range of skills, knowledge and experience. Knowledge of the regulatory or social care sector is desirable but not essential for most posts. Each post will have a clear set of specifications.
- Q: Are any of the roles open to international applicants with experience? If so, should I follow the same process or a different process is required?
- A: As long as you have the legal right to reside and work in the UK, then we would welcome an application following the same process as other applicants.
- Q: I am a civil servant. If I was successful in securing a post in Social Work England can I bring my terms and conditions with me, including pension and leave?
- A: We are public servants rather than civil servants and operate different terms and conditions. There is no right for civil servants to have to continuous service for pension, holiday, sick pay or any other terms and conditions. A move for a civil Servant to Social Work England is treated in much the same way as it would be to any other organisation outside of the civil service. You would join us on our terms and conditions. There is also an option to join Social Work England on secondment if that was something you would want to consider.
Q: Where can I find out more about working in Sheffield?
- A: Sheffield is a great place to live and work. Our city has a thriving grassroots creative arts community and around a third of Sheffield lies within the borders of the Peak District National Park. Find out more about Sheffield below.