- Have you ever wondered what it would be like to be at the forefront of developing a brand new organisation?
- Is making a difference important to you?
- Do you want to be part of a learning culture and grow your skills?
- Do you have a collaborative ethos?
- Have you got the determination to deal with setbacks and find creative solutions?
- Are you looking for a unique challenge where your voice has influence?
If so, we want to hear from you. Take a look at our current vacancies.
We are holding recruitment information sessions in Sheffield in the coming weeks and months. For more information and to see the upcoming dates visit our recruitment sessions and booking form page. You might also like to visit our frequently asked questions page.
- Corporate services, the engine of the organisation
The types of roles available in this area are business planning, project management, financial management, continuous improvement, information technology, digital services, data management, organisational development, administration, resource management, training and development.
- Fitness to Practise, dealing with concerns raised about social workers
The types of roles available in this area are screening and investigating concerns and making evidence-based decisions, assessing risk, gathering and compiling evidence, liaising with complainants and social workers that have been the subject of a complaint, supporting witnesses, scheduling committee meetings, developing and improving processes.
- Registration of social workers and quality assurance
The types of roles available in this area are approving social worker applications to the register, assessing and scrutinising evidence, administration, organising and facilitating assessment panels, analysing and presenting information, working with education and training providers and quality assuring of social worker education programmes, dealing with appeals, ensuring the register remains up-to-date and accurate.
The types of roles available in this area are developing and implementing strategy and policy, communication and engagement, research and evaluation, service user and stakeholder engagement, developing and implementing social work standards, consultation, communicating our policies and influencing the external social work policy environment.
When applying for a role at Social Work England, you should take into account our competency framework. These technical competencies ensure staff are able to successfully perform a given role, which includes:
- Leading the way.
- Working as one team.
- Being a business.
- Focusing on registrants and service users.
- Embracing change.
- Respecting each other.
Take a look at the competency framework to get a better understanding of our recruitment aims.