This consultation focuses on the first set of our rules. These rules operate within the framework set by our primary and secondary legislative framework and set out in more detail some of the processes and procedures that we will use operationally. Of course, in establishing ourselves as a new organisation, and in advance of taking over regulation, we have also been working closely with the current regulator (the Health and Care Professions Council) to ensure a smooth and safe transition of functions.
We are rightly required to consult when making rules. This provides an opportunity for people – including social workers and members of the public – to challenge our thinking and help shape the way that we will operate. We will also be consulting with our Professional Expert Group to further ensure that those who are likely to be affected by them have supported the development of them.
This consultation seeks views on our proposed rules for:
- the appointment of advisers by Social Work England;
- the establishment of panels of advisers;
- the role of inspectors appointed to inspect courses of education and training; and
- requirements and restrictions in relation to those appointed as case examiners, investigators and adjudicators for fitness to practise proceedings.
Before responding please download and read the following documents:
- Consultation document detailing the legislative context (Annex A), what the consultation will be addressing and how your response will be used.
- Annex B, the proposed rules for advisers, which will be referenced in the consultation.
- Annex C, the proposed rules for investigators, case examiners, adjudicators and inspectors, which will be referenced in the consultation.
We would welcome your response to the consultation through the survey linked below before 5pm Wednesday 19 December 2018. The survey should take around 10 minutes to complete. If there are any issues with submitting your response, please refer to the consultation document or contact email@example.com